Job Title: Accounting Manager
Department: The Dyslexia Resource
Reports To: Operations Manager
Payroll Status: Part-time – 10 hours per week
Revised Date: November 2020
The Dyslexia Resource is a non-profit launched by The Schenck School as a means for sharing the reading expertise of the School with other struggling readers. Our mission is to empower communities to serve dyslexic learners and our organization is growing. This position will support the key financial operations of the organization by producing accounting reports and improving upon existing processes. The current need is 10 hours weekly with the potential to increase over time as our organization continues to grow.
- Prepares regular financial reports – monthly and year-end financial statements showing budget variances by project as well as monthly and annual Statement of Financial Position
- Manages accounts payable. Oversees purchasing, invoices, employee expense reports, and records of receipts from all department activities
- Manages accounts receivable – prepares and processes invoices for services rendered to our customers and partners
- Coordinates with Operations Manager, Registrar’s office, Business office, and customers to ensure that client contracts are executed and invoiced properly and efficiently
- Tracks department budget performance and supports the budget process by providing projections based on prior year actuals
- Supports other office duties as assigned
MAIN WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Director of Finance, Development office, Registrar’s office, customers, and vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Experience with a 501(c)(3) or 509(a)(3) supporting organization strongly preferred
- 3+ years of experience in related field
- Proficient in Google Drive, Microsoft Office suite, and QuickBooks
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Detail oriented
Interested candidates should fill out the form below or email Michele Santa Maria, Director of Human Resources for The Dyslexia Resource, and attach a current resume, cover letter and a professional reference list.
The Dyslexia Resource provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Schenck School/Dyslexia Resource complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Schenck School/Dyslexia Resource expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the School’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.