The Orton-Gillingham Subscriber Course is appropriate and designed for individuals seeking an initial overview about dyslexia and the Orton-Gillingham Approach. This course introduces the participant to the following topics but does not qualify one to teach using the Orton-Gillingham Approach.
- Characteristics of dyslexic learners
- Brain research on learning and how it supports multi-sensory teaching
- Principles of the Orton-Gillingham Approach
- Phonology and the importance of phonemic awareness
- Basic rules concerning the structure of English that influence reading and spelling
- A brief history of English and its influence on our sound system
Those who attend all 10 hours of the class will receive a Certificate of Completion. This enables you to become a member of the Orton-Gillingham Academy (OGA) at the Subscriber Level.
Please Note: This course will be virtual for 2021.
*This course can be customized to meet the needs of your organization. Please contact us at [email protected].