The Orton-Gillingham Subscriber Course is appropriate and designed for individuals seeking an initial overview about dyslexia and the Orton-Gillingham Approach. This course introduces the participant to the following topics but does not qualify one to teach using the Orton-Gillingham Approach.
• Characteristics of dyslexic learners
• Brain research on learning and how it supports multi-sensory teaching
• Principles of the OG Approach
• Phonology and the importance of phonemic awareness
• Basic rules concerning the structure of English that influence reading and spelling
• A brief history of English and its influence on our sound system
Those who attend all 10 hours of the class will receive a Certificate of Completion. This enables you to become a member of the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators (AOGPE) at the Subscriber Level.
Course date(s): January 27, 2020 - January 29, 2020Prerequisite:
NoneInstructor(s): Ellen Hill
Course date(s): January 27, 2020 - January 29, 2020
Time: 8:30am - 12:00pm
Location: The Schenck School - 282 Mt. Paran Road, Atlanta, GA 30327
$300.00[Back to Class Listings]