The Orton-Gillingham Subscriber Course is appropriate and designed for individuals seeking an initial overview about dyslexia and the Orton-Gillingham Approach. This course introduces the participant to the following topics but does not qualify one to teach using the Orton-Gillingham Approach.
- characteristics of dyslexic learners
- brain research on learning and how it supports multi-sensory teaching
- principles of the OG Approach
- phonology and the importance of phonemic awareness
- basic rules concerning the structure of English that influence reading and spelling
- a brief history of English and its influence on our sound system
Those who attend all 10 hours of the class will receive a Certificate of Completion. This enables you to become a member of the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators (AOGPE) at the Subscriber Level.
Course date(s): June 10th – June 13thPrerequisite:
NoneInstructor(s): Ellen Hill
Course date(s): June 10, 2019 - June 13, 2019
Time: 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM
$250.00[Back to Class Listings]