The Orton-Gillingham Subscriber Course is appropriate and designed for individuals seeking an initial overview of dyslexia and the Orton-Gillingham Approach. This course introduces the participant to the following topics but does not qualify one to teach using the Orton-Gillingham Approach.
• Characteristics of dyslexic learners
• Brain research on learning and how it supports multi-sensory teaching
• Principles of the Orton-Gillingham Approach
• Phonology and the importance of phonemic awareness
• Basic rules concerning the structure of English that influence reading and spelling
• A brief history of English and its influence on our sound system
Those who attend all 10 hours of the class will receive a Certificate of Completion. This enables you to become a member of the Academy of Orton-Gillingham Practitioners and Educators (AOGPE) at the Subscriber Level.
Course availability: Offered four times a year: Monday – Wednesday, 8:30am -12:00pm
Dates: March 23, 2020 – March 25, 2020
Time: 8:30am -12:00pm
Dates: June 8, 2020 – June 10, 2020
Time: 9:00am -12:30pm